Well while we try to defrost from round two of the Polar Vortex, we were warmed by the glow of our computer screens with the following five fabulous items that were begging to be shared with you.
- How to Make Employees Trust You–Even In the Worst of Times speaks to management techniques that businesses can use to help with internal engagement and sentiment. If culture is key within a group, then this article helps explain how to build trust and cultivate talent.
- We loved this blog post from 37 Signals on Healthy benefits for the long run and the various benefits they offer to get their staff away from their computers. Yes. You read that correctly.
- 4 Reasons Employees Are Your Best Brand Advocates from AdRants is a must read.
- A bit of smart thinking via this post from Open IDEO’s blog that demonstrates how community engagement can bring about quality hires.
Flickr’s solution was simple and smart: it ensured its employees were as passionate about the product as the community’s most die-hard fans by hiring directly from within the early community. For example, for its international rollout it posted a call on the Flickr blog for community managers and got more than 700 responses.
- A Conference Call in Real Life. It’s funny because it’s true.